Dr. Xin Tang, a PhD graduate under the supervision of Prof. Liqiu Wang in Department of Mechanical Engineering, was selected as recipient of the Li Ka Shing Prize for the academic year of 2018-2019. He studied interfacial phenomena, particularly liquid/solid interaction and loss-free manipulation of liquids which merits abundant scientific and technological potentials. Have a look at his representative works if you are interested.
1. Tang X., Tian Y., Tian X. W., Li W., Han X., Kong T. T. and Wang L. Q.*, Design of Multi-Scale Textured Surfaces for Unconventional Liquid Harnessing, Materials Today, 2020, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mattod.2020.08.013.
2. Li W., Tang X.*, Wang L. Q.*, Photopyroelectric Microfluidics, Science Advances, 2020; 6: eabc 1693.
3. Tang X., Zhu P. A., Tian Y., Zhou X. C., Kong T. T. and Wang L. Q.*, Mechano-Regulated Surface for Manipulating Liquid Droplets, Nature Communications, 2017, 8, 14831.
4. Tang X. and Wang L. Q.*, Loss-Free Photo-Manipulation of Droplets by Pyroelectro-Trapping on Superhydrophobic Surfaces, ACS Nano, 2018, 12 (9), 8994-9004.
5. Tang X., Xiong H. R., Kong T. T., Tian Y., Li W. D., Wang L. Q.*, Bioinspired Nanostructured Surfaces for On-Demand Bubble Transportation, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 2018, 10, 3029-3038.