BSc (1st Class Hons), MSc, PhD CUHK; CEng, MIET, MHKIE, MASME
Ir Dr LEE Wing Fai, Thomas
Dr. Lee has been teaching in the University of Hong Kong since 2008. He had supervised undergraduate projects (Integrated Capstone Experience) and MSc dissertation projects. Moreover, he had helped develop the Outcomes-based Approach to Student Learning for the mathematics courses. He had assisted in course development and managed the courses under Moodle.
Dr. Lee serves as a Visiting Lecturer in the Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong (THEi) to teach the course about engineering physics for the undergraduate students. He had been a Visiting Lecturer in the Department of Mechanical Engineering, the HK Polytechnic University (PolyU), and a Lecturer in the Department of Engineering in HK Institute of Vocational Education (Tsing Yi).
Dr. Lee is a Chartered Engineer (under the Engineering Council, UK) with broad industry experience in engineering design and manufacturing for consumer products. Before joining the academic field, he has served the industry for over fifteen years, during the period in industry; he was focusing on the development of OBM, ODM as well as OEM consumer products from preliminary engineering design stage to manufacturing stage.
He is also a corporate member of The Hong Kong Institution of Engineers (HKIE), The Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET), and The American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME).
Some of the courses taught in the faculty/ department:
1. ENGG1010 Foundations of Engineering Mechanics
2. ENGG1012 Enhancement Mathematics
3. ENGG1003 Mathematics I
4. ENGG1004 Mathematics IA
5. ENGG1005 Mathematics IB
6. MATH1851 Calculus and Ordinary Differential Equations
7. MATH1853 Linear Algebra, Probability and Statistics
8. CIVL2003 Engineering Mathematics II
9. MECH2407 Multi-Variable Calculus and Partial Differential Equations
10. MECH3407 Advanced Partial Differential Equations and Complex Variables
11. MECH4429 BEng Integrated Capstone Project (Supervisor and Moderator)
12. MECH6048 MSc Dissertation Project (Supervisor and Moderator)